WebcamStudio is a software that allows users to create one or more virtual webcams that can be used in live broadcasting over Stickam, UStream, Skype, online chat websites, etc. WebcamStudio will be very useful for those having broken webcams or those wanting to have fun with their friends. The software has a decent number of effects and comes with a built-in video editor.
Here are some of the key features in WebcamStudio:
- Switch between virtual webcams in a click
- Broadcast your desktop, useful for tutorials and online help
- Broadcast video, music (played via Rhythmbox), or any image from your hard drive
- Add animations, banners, and text
- Display your IRC channel in the broadcasting webcam, etc.
To install WebcamStudio on Ubuntu 12.04/11.10, open the terminal and run this sequence of commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:upubuntu-com/multimedia
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install webcamstudio
You can then start the application via the Unity Dash: